If you notice the “I might be getting sick,” feeling, get an acupuncture treatment!
Regular acupuncture treatments help to boost the body’s natural defences (immune system) to ward off colds and flus. If you start to feel the slightest start of a sore throat, itchy throat, chills, fever, headache, aversion to wind, cough, sweats, body aches, nasal congestion, sneezing, increase your vitamin C intake and see your acupuncturist as soon as possible. Acupuncture can help kick the pathogen out of the body if caught early, and shorten the duration and intensity if you are already sick.
So, as soon as you notice the feeling of “I might be getting sick,” it is recommended to get acupuncture within a few hours to push it out before it progresses into days of fever and chills. Of course, If you have a very high fever, or are vomiting, or have any other severe symptoms, consult with your MD.
Things to consume: broth-based soups, ginger, garlic, local honey, congee.
Lemon, Ginger, Honey Tea
- Drink at the first sign of a cold: sore throat, sniffles.
- Boil the kettle, add below to a mug hot water, and stir.
- ½ Lemon, squeezed (high in vitamin C)
- Fresh Ginger, grated or sliced
- Local honey
- 1 cup white jasmine rice or white rice unbleached
- 4-6 cups of water
- Cook for two hours or more; until it is a rice-porridge consistency
- (May do 10 cups of water and cook 4-6 hours)
Congee is like rice porridge and helps the digestive qi, helping the body recover. The longer cooking time makes it easy to digest.